Conclusions of E.DSO 4th Stakeholder & Innovation Council
21 December 2021
E.DSO is glad to share the Conclusions to the fourth edition of its annual landmark event – the Stakeholder & Innovation Council.
Under the headline “The Thin Veil of Renewal: Building the Next Grid Generation” this year’s edition addressed three of the most topical issues of the decade:
- Future investments (link with Green Deal & Fit for 55 Package)
- Regulatory framework and financial enablers
- Parameters and features of new DSOs role
The Conclusions reaffirm the role DSOs will play in the energy transition and in the management of the future energy system which will be integrated, digitalized, decentralized and customer oriented. The participants agreed that innovation will be crucial for the achievement of climate neutrality and settled on the need for a new regulatory framework for DSOs which must enable the green and digital transition.
Key novelties of the Stakeholder and Innovation Council
The Council was an opportunity to advance shared understanding, identify concerns and develop solutions on the future role of DSOs and investment needs for electricity grids:
- The current investment framework must change to foster the evolution of DSOs as enablers of distributed flexibility and decarbonisation.
- Green Bonds will increase their attractiveness on capital markets.
- The biggest obstacle to decarbonisation is the failure to create an effective public-private partnership to finance change.
The Council was held on 1st December and attended by more than 120 people. If you missed or want to review specific sessions (idea labs) you can now find the link to the presentations and to the recording.