EDSO Manifesto: our 4 priorities to shape smarter grids for your future
Download the document In this document, EDSO identifies its 4 priorities to continue shaping smarter grids for your future: 1. BE THE TRUSTED VOICE OF DSOs IN EUROPE
- The Clean Energy for all Europeans legislative package entering into force in January 2019 will set the framework and determine the pace for the evolution of electric power distribution up to 2030.
- EDSO has clear vision of the key role and responsibilities leading distributors are playing, and will play, in supporting and ensuring the Energy Transition over the next decade. EDSO is therefore committed to remain the trusted voice of European DSOs.
- EDSO members actively work for a Europe-wide distribution system. This must be based on modern and adequate standards genuinely reflecting forward-looking EU-wide regulation, able to evolve along with the developing technologies DSOs will invent, use and implement
- EDSO believes in an integrated European market: the distribution systems its members have put in place, developed and maintained over decades, are able to securely supply electricity to households and industry via smart, digitalised, fully reliable and accountable grids.
- Research, development, deployment and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and solutions already are the pillars of the evolution and continuous modernisation of distribution grids.
- On EDSO daily agenda: develop and adopt, alongside all relevant stakeholders, the most effective and advanced solutions to manage flexibility needs; contribute to, and join in, the design and creation of fully digitalised, effective, user-friendly and accurate flexibility platforms; play an active role to adapt regulation to the necessities new advanced applications and services will require, applying all digital solutions in a secure and compliant manner.
- As independent, unbundled organisations, EDSO members are all able to act and to grow in regulated markets, facilitating the development of energy-related services and supporting innovative trends in self-consumption.
- For EDSO members, customers are, first and foremost, citizens using a strategic and basic public service. This means that the levels of information EDSO members share with them need to increase.
- Citizens and consumers must be involved in a fair, honest and transparent manner so that responsible strong two-way communication becomes the norm.
- Active consumers have the right to be actively and intelligently supported in their choices in such a manner that non-active consumers retain their right not to be treated in any discriminatory or disadvantageous way.
- EDSO members pledge that their operative focus remains the citizen and consumer, within a vision of society oriented towards fast-paced energy sourcing and electricity distribution.