Junior Projects Officer
EDSO for Smart Grids (EDSO) gathers 38 leading electricity distribution system operators (DSOs), including 2 associations, from 22 European countries. Through its work on electricity distribution-related technologies, policies and projects, its members cooperate to ensure the reliability of Europe’s electricity supply for customers and enabling their active participation in our energy system.
EDSO is increasing its participation in EU-funded Research & Innovation (R&I) projects and is therefore looking for a Junior Projects Officer to join its team.
- Coordination of EDSO members’ activities & contributions in R&I projects;
- Internal and external communication on EDSO’s projects;
- Cooperation with EDSO’s partners and surrounding stakeholders in the field of EU energy R&I;
- Monitoring of EU funding opportunities in the fields of energy, digital, clean mobility;
- Participating in setting up EDSO’s applications to EU funding;
- Support to EDSO’s advocacy in EU R&I policy & frameworks;
- Support to EDSO and its members in their participation in industry coalitions, European Technology and Innovation Platforms (ETIPs), R&I project advisory boards;
- Support to the activities of EDSO’s Projects Committee.
Requirements and competencies
- University education or equivalent in European policy/law, or electrical engineering (EU project management qualifications and/or technical background in the energy field would be a significant asset);
- Written and spoken fluency in English; Other EU languages are valuable;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Interest in new technologies and/or network industries;
- Previous experience in the EU energy sector and/or energy policy (preferably electricity) will be taken into account;
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise and accessible way, particularly in an international environment;
- Computer literacy, including basic website and social media management;
- Pro-active, results-driven and comfortable in a small team and multicultural environment.
Applications (CV & 1-page max. cover letter) should be sent to EDSO Secretariat at email@example.com by 22 October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Starting date would ideally be in November or December 2018.
Internship at EDSO for Smart Grids (fulltime)
(professional immersion agreement/convention d’immersion professionnelle “CIP”)
January – June 2019
EDSO for Smart Grids (EDSO) is an international association (AISBL) gathering 38 leading electricity distribution system operators (DSOs), including 2 associations, from 22 European countries. Through its work on electricity distribution-related technologies, policies and projects, its members cooperate to ensure the reliability of Europe’s electricity supply for customers and enabling their active participation in our energy system.
EDSO is seeking for a trainee (6 months) supporting the different association back-office activities of its Brussels-based team. The internship offers the opportunity to get experience and acquaintance with the administrative functioning of an international association also in relation to the European Institutions.
- Support to the daily management of the Association (administrative tasks, coordination of office suppliers, follow-up of member companies’ requests, assistance to the team members)
- Management of logistic and administrative aspects of workshops and events’ organisation
- Arrangement of meetings, both internal and external and coordination of daily agendas
- Organisation of travel arrangements
- Support to general communication activities, including website, extranet and social media publications
- Management and update of the Association’s database
Requirements and competencies
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Office Management; clerical, secretarial diplomas or similar
- Excellent administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Fluent communication in English and French; Other EU languages are valuable
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to different tasks in a small team and multicultural environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and computer literacy in basic website and social media management. More advanced IT skills are an advantage.
Applications (CV & ½ page max. cover letter) should be sent to EDSO Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.