Junior Projects Officer
Are you interested in the European energy transition and some of the challenges it brings? Hungry for diverse job tasks and eager to prove your worth in not-another traineeship? Then you might be our new colleague!
E.DSO is a Brussels-based association dedicated to the electricity distribution business. In the E.DSO Projects team we are currently looking for a new colleague to support our R&I activities and represent the interest of the DSOs to build a robust energy system for the future. We work on various energy transition related topics such as; interoperability of solutions, design of flexibility markets, talent acquisition, consumer participation, sustainability and resilience of the grid.
- Relevant university degree (eg. Engineering, energy policy, projects management, ICT)
- Previous experience in the energy sector and/or in EU funded projects (for instance from a traineeship) is a plus
- Proven interest for the challenges that follows with the energy transition
- Good communication skills: ability to boil research report into a tasty maggie cube!
- Fluency in English spoken and written as well as one other EU language
- Strong team spirit and interest to work in a young and international environment
- Pro-active and comfortable in a small team where every member is essential
- Representing the DSO point of view in R&I projects: development of tasks and methodologies, report drafting, reviews, procedural meetings
- Bridging knowledge sharing between E.DSO committees and R&I projects
- Perform research of existing solutions and challenges enabling the energy transition with regards to interoperability, flexibility, sustainability and consumer participation
- Dissemination of R&I work in an engaging manner to make the results known to stakeholders and policy makers
What we offer:
- A full time, open-end contract
- Supportive structure for your professional development (language classes are sponsored, staff is encouraged to do one professional training a year)
- Supportive colleagues, with diverse professional backgrounds, open to social activities (when possible)
- Lunch-vouchers, eco-vouchers, complementary insurances (group, hospitalisation, ambulatory and travel), contribution to transportation, phone and home internet expenses.
In case the above has caught your interest, we ask you to send a 1-page cover letter explaining what you could bring to the team together with your CV by 2nd of January to Kirsten.firstname.lastname@example.org and Catarina.email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted between 10-14th of January. The ideal starting date for the selected candidates would be 1st February 2022.
E.DSO is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We encourage applications from anyone who believes they fit the essential requirements for the job, and in particular from candidates of different race/ethnicity; religion/belief; disability; sex, gender identity or sexual orientation; marital or parental status; and age.