The IntEnSyS4EU (INTegrated ENergy SYStem, a pathway for EUrope) project is a coordination action which aims at paving the way for the development of a low carbon energy grid. The Project runs the European Technology and Innovation Platform Smart Networks for Energy Transition (ETIP SNET) in support of the Strategic Energy Technology plan (SET-plan) issued by EU as one of the main technology pillars to achieve the 2050 energy and climate goals.
The project progresses are following two main branches:
- To reinforce and integrate the innovation practices and solution, in order to reach the targeted 45% of renewable energy hosting by 2030 while keeping the energy system safe and secure.
- To extend and foster the current Research and Innovation (R&I) roadmaps by means of permanent and direct interactions with all the Member States and energy stakeholders, additionally, funding mechanisms will be undertaking as validation of the innovative solutions portfolio.
Coordination strategy is the key. In line with it, the project identifies policy hurdles, coordinates the stakeholder and experts exchange within ETIP SNET. Furthermore, it monitors, prioritises and disseminates the state-of-the-art innovations and beyond.
Furthermore, the side targets will make sure that several long-term energy scenarios are set up, E.DSO contributes as a member of the consortium with 6 linked third parties (Alliander, CEZ, EDP D, e-distribuzione, Innogy, HEDNO) to the development of strategic documents regarding research and innovation in the energy networks for the energy transition, guiding the increase in resilience, security and smartness of the energy system, as key action of SET-plan and contributing to ETIP SNET Vision 2050 to reach a carbon-neutral and circular economy.
In addition to the linked third parties contributing to the INTENSYS4EU project, E.DSO members contribute with direct involvement and expertise to the 5 ETIP SNET working groups where they together with other industry experts cover the following topics
- WG1: Reliable, economic and efficient smart grid system
- WG2: Storage technologies and sector interfaces
- WG3: Flexible generation
- WG4: Digitisation of the electricity system and customer participation
- WG5: Innovation implementation in the business environment
Period: 1 October 2017 – 30 September 2020
Consortium: EASE, E.DSO, EERA, Dowel, ENTSO-E, RSE, Bacher energie
TRL: activities cover from 2 to 8