Complementing the activities performed so far by the European Electricity Grid Initiative (EEGI) and the GRID+ project, a consortium was selected by the European Commission to support DG Energy and the Member States in defining a European R&D roadmap, integrating energy storage into grid research and innovation activities, both at electricity distribution and transmission levels.
Across two years (December 2014 – December 2016), the following activities will be implemented by the six partners within the GRID+Storage project:
- Two R&D Implementation Plans (2016-2018 and 2017-2019), laying out the immediate RD&D priorities to future-ready Europe’s electricity grids, taking into account the state of play of completed and ongoing projects
- A ten-year integrated Research and Innovation Roadmap (RIR) towards a more secure single European electricity market
- Detailed project reviews and analyses at European and international levels to identify best practices and knowledge gaps
- Public consultations to gather views of stakeholders on draft deliverables
- Knowledge sharing activities in order to better appraise the yearly progress of projects with European added value.
Monitoring and steering demonstration.
The initiative runs from December 2014– January 2017.
More information: www.gridplusstorage.eu