Still possible to register for EDSO Workshop for Smarter Cities, 21 November
In a changing energy system, cities in Europe are facing challenging structural changes. They are progressively urged to be able to host smarter and sustainable advanced technologies to deliver electricity in intelligent and efficient way to their citizens.The Distribution System Operators (DSOs) are key to ensure this task and the public expectations are met.
EDSO organises this workshop to show you the challenges and opportunities of such a transition. To voice the commitment DSOs are applying in updating, improving and modernizing your grids they manage and to demonstrate the way they are making your use of electric power smarter and easier.
Come to our workshop to pick first hand details on advanced grid management and metering technologies, electric vehicle charging evolution and power storage.
The workshop will bring together representatives from the Electricity Distribution System, EU institutions and cities as well as smart energy cities experts and local leaders. Innovative smart cities projects and initiatives will be discussed, while first tier best practices will be shared to elaborate next generation of smart cities.
You will have the opportunity to hear contribution, among others, from:
– Eddy Hartog, Head of Unit, Smart Mobility & Living, DG CONNECT, European Commission
– Manuel Sánchez Jiménez, Team Leader Smart Grids, DG ENER, European Commission
– Dirk Vansintjan, President, REScoop
– Claire Roumet, Executive Director of Energy Cities
– Bianca Barth, Policy Director, bne-Association of Energy Market Innovators
– Nikos Hatziargyriou, Chairman of ETIP SNET, CEO of HEDNO, Board Member of EDSO for Smart Grids
– Luis Cunha, European Affairs Director, EDP Distribuição
– Juan Rios, Global Planning and Regulation Director, Iberdrola Distribución
For those who have not been registered yet this is still possible to join the Workshop by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the agenda of the event HERE.