Board of Directors: re-election of leadership, three elevated
24 September 2015, Brussels – At today’s Board of Directors meeting of EDSO for Smart Grids (EDSO), the association’s leadership was given a new two-year mandate:
- EDSO Chairman João Torres, CEO of EDP Distribução
- EDSO Vice-Chairman Livio Gallo, Head of Global Infrastructure and Networks, Enel Spa
- EDSO Vice-Chairman Christian Buchel, Deputy CEO and Chief Digital & International Officer, ERDF
The term of Vice-Chairman Javier Villalba, CEO of Iberdrola Distribución Eléctrica, continues until March 2016, as does the term for the existing 10 Board members.
“The stability in EDSOs leadership will maintain our focus on current priorities and our strong rapport with institutional and industry stakeholders,” said Ana Aguado, EDSO Secretary General. EDSO is the key-interface between Europe’s distribution system operators (DSOs) and the European Union institutions, promoting the development and large-scale testing of smart grid models and technologies in real-life situations, new market designs and favourable regulation.
In addition, three EDSO members — Alliander, RWE and Tauron Dystrybucja – were elevated to the Board of Directors. The new members of the 17-person Board are:
- Gabriël Clemens, Member of the Board, RWE;
- Piotr Kołodziej, CEO, Tauron Dystrybucja;
- Peter Molengraaf, CEO, Alliander.
“We look forward to the diversity of experiences and richer debates which will come with a more inclusive Board,” said EDSO Chairman João Torres. EDSO represents 30 leading DSOs, with networks in over 17 Member States and serving up to 70% of European customers.