EDDIE – Education for Digitalisation of Energy
The main objective of this SSA is to develop a long -driven Blueprint for the digitalisation of the European Energy sector to enable the matching between the current and future demand of skills necessary for the digitalisation of the energy sector and the supply of improved Vocational Education and Training (VET). An interdisciplinary approach is also sought, including green and soft skills with a high collaborations of workers by using participatory approaches through Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) methodologies.
Different than the classic approach it should be an industry-driven movement, where skills emerge as a need of the real applications. This will be executed from Partners of 10 different EU Member States including:
- Education providers and research organisations (Comillas, NTUA, RWTH, KTH etc.)
- Industry representation (E.DSO)
- Multinational companies in the Energy sector (General Electric, Repsol etc.)
- Public authorities and policy makers
This strategic approach will reinforce the competitiveness of the European Energy Sector in an efficient and innovative way by creating high skilled work forces in line with the EU objectives and values. The project will consider cross-sectional digital skills as Key Enabling Technologies like Cybersecurity, Data Management, Machine Learning, Cloud/Edge Computing, New Communication Tech and Blockchain.
The main Task of E.DSO will be in WP3 which involves Implementation tasks to create Stakeholder´s map as a database of sector occupations and job profiles, with skill content analysis. This will set ground for a strategic sectoral cooperation in order to design and build a strategic network, in close relation with WP4 – “Assessment of policies and requirements for VET and beyond”
- Proactive identification of gaps of new professionals and current staff for all qualification levels.
- Stakeholder map of the Energy sector with tailored skill profiles for their vacancies.
- In-company training and education schemes tailored to the current needs of the industry.
- Highly skilled employment for attracting and retaining talented people.
- Creation of Network comprising industry, social partners, education and training, public authorities, smart cities and global communities.
- Improvement of skill transferability & ECQA based certification schema
- Assure Multiplying factor and sustainability (Train the trainers)
- Tackle technology, economy and social changes and challenges from a European cooperation approach considering local, regional and national needs to define an integrated European strategy
- Avoid duplicating efforts and to foster harmonisation in the EU, benefiting and integration among all the European stakeholders
Programme Erasmus+ EPPKA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Sector Skills Alliance in VET- Blueprint
Proposal Call for Proposals 2019 – EAC-A03-2018
Application No: 612398-EPP-1-2019-1-ES-EPPKA2-SSA-B
Title: EDucation for DIgitalisation of Energy
Period: 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2023
Consortium: National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH),Research Centre For Sustainable Energy Foss -University Of Cyprus, Politecnico Di Milano – METID, Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Escuelas Profesionales Padre Piquer, CENTRUL ROMAN AL ENERGIEI, REPSOL S. A., IBERDROLA ESPAÑA, GE Energy Products France SNC, DNV GL Business, Assurance España, S.L.U.,E.DSO For Smart Grids (E.DSO), NOVEL Group, University Of Cologne Executive School Gmbh, Institute Of Energy Economics at the University of Cologne